What is Trauma Conscious Yoga, also referred to as Trauma Informed Mindfulness?
Did you know that stress is stored in the body, within our muscles, fascia and nervous system? The many health benefits of yoga practice derive from the body's capacity to release stored stress or trauma through asana (physical postures), pranayama (breathwork) and meditation. In this training, you will learn the "how" and "why" of stress stored in the body, practices to release or "self-regulate," as well as techniques to promote wellness in your everyday life.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of Subtle Body Anatomy
- Western Physiology + Neurological Overview
(Changing Your Narrative: The Science of Positive Thinking)
- Yoga for Mental Health
- Demographic Specific Techniques (including Veterans, Substance Abuse, Victims of Sexual Abuse, Homeless, Juvenile/Kid’s Yoga, Prison + Refugee Poplations)
- Community Outreach Preparation
- Self Identity Reflection
- Trauma Conscious Yoga Methodology + Practice
Open and applicable to yoga students and teachers, caregivers, counselors, health professionals and all. 16 Continuing Education Hours available for Yoga Alliance members.